POSITION: ENGINEERING LEVEL II
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer / Assistant Chief Engineer
To Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel And to Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guest, other departments and fellow staffs.
• Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
• Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
• Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
• Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
• Update the maintenance work order form / Job card and file them.
• Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
• Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
• Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
• Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
• Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
• Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts.
• Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
• Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
• Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
• To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
• To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
• To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
• To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
• Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
• Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
• Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
• Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
• Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
Education and Experience:
• ITI or Diploma holder in any relevant skill trade such as AC, electrical, civil or mechanical.
• Previous experience in general maintenance duties.
• Hotel maintenance operations high knowledge preferred
• Pays attention to detail when performing the duties
• Organized and able to follow a schedule
• Ability to follow verbal directions
• Good interpersonal skills
• Friendly and helpful demeanor
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Flexible schedule to work various shifts, including weekends, nights, and holidays
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Availability of time.
• Requires standing for long periods of time and constant lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.