POSITION: ENGINEERING LEVEL I
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer / Assistant Chief Engineer
To perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. This person will also fulfill guest calls for general maintenance work in the guest rooms.
• Complete minor work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
• Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
• Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency.
• Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
• Maintain front entrance area, parking lot and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner.
• Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting)
• Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
• Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
• Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience or knowledge, skills, and mental ability equivalent to 2 years of high school education.
• Previous experience in general maintenance duties.
• Hotel maintenance operations basic knowledge preferred
• Pays attention to detail when performing the duties
• Organized and able to follow a schedule
• Ability to follow verbal directions
• Good interpersonal skills
• Friendly and helpful demeanor
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Flexible schedule to work various shifts, including weekends, nights, and holidays
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Availability of time.
• Requires standing for long periods of time and constant lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.