POSITION: FRONT DESK AGENT
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Manager / Front Desk Assistant Manager / Front Desk Supervisor
To provide providing all hotel guests with an accommodating experience by coordinating amenities and responding to customer needs. Their duties include greeting people as they enter the lobby, fielding calls from guests and helping visitors check into their rooms.
• Check in customers using computer programs and equipment and provide guests with directions to their room
• Inform customers of all on-site amenities and any relevant information that is needed to use them
• Handle and resolve guest complaints
• Invoice and bill guests for their stay and services used
• Communicate with guests to better understand their individual needs to provide them with the best service possible
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of a high school diploma is required
• Bachelors degree in related areas preferred
• Equivalent 2 years experience
• Computer basic to intermediate knowledge
• Strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills
• Customer service skills
• Hotel overall operations high knowledge preferred
• Pays attention to detail when performing the duties
• Organized and able to follow a schedule
• Ability to follow verbal directions
• Good interpersonal skills
• Friendly and helpful demeanor
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Flexible schedule to work various shifts, including weekends, nights, and holidays
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Availability of time.
• Requires standing for long periods of time and constant use of mouse and computer tools While performing the duties of this job, it may be also required to walk the property in a regular basis.