REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager /Housekeeping Supervisor
To clean assigned rooms on a daily basis according to the hotel standards, you will perform a variety of housekeeping duties including vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, changing, and laundering linen.
• Maintain all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products; ensure safe and sanitary storage and care of products
• Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, vacuuming, and mopping of hardwood, laminate, carpet, or tiled floors as needed.
• Dispose of trash from bins and containers
• Dust and polish furniture and room accessories as needed
• Scrub sinks, basins, bathtubs, showers, and toilets in private and public bathrooms
• Change linens and gather used linens such as sheets or towels for laundering
• Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters as needed
• Keep all public spaces neat and tidy
• Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience or knowledge, skills, and mental ability equivalent to 2 years of high school education
• Previous experience cleaning preferred; training will be provided
• Experience in a customer service role (preferred)
• Ability to assist customers and guests when needed
• Pays attention to detail when cleaning
• Organized and able to follow a schedule
• Ability to follow verbal directions
• Good interpersonal skills
• Friendly and helpful demeanor
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Flexible schedule to work various shifts, including weekends, nights, and holidays
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Availability of time.
• Physically able to push vacuum cleaner for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 25 to 30 pounds
• Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during the daily routine, with the ability to stand for long lengths of time