POSITION: LAUNDRY ATTENDANT
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager /Housekeeping-Laundry Supervisor
To sort, wash, dry, and fold dirty linens and provide a constant supply of clean linens to the entire hotel.
• Sort all linens and treat stains
• Load all laundry into the washer and add specified cleaning agents.
• Take wet, clean items and dry as directed
• Sort and fold or hang clean dried items
• Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and communicate needs to the housekeeping or laundry manager
• Maintaining all laundry equipment and inform the facilities manager as to any maintenance needs.
• Perform additional laundry services when necessary
• Provide the housekeepers with all linen and work materials
• Keep track of rewash and discarded linen.
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience or knowledge, skills, and mental ability equivalent to 2 years of high school education
• Previous experience in laundry environments preferred; training will be provided
• Hotel housekeeping operations basic knowledge preferred
• Pays attention to detail when performing the duties
• Organized and able to follow a schedule
• Ability to follow verbal directions
• Good interpersonal skills
• Friendly and helpful demeanor
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Flexible schedule to work various shifts, including weekends, nights, and holidays
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Availability of time.
• Requires standing for long periods of time and constant lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.